The future of learning & development lies in video conferencing – here are some important tips on how virtual learning software can be leveraged to illustrate a personalized classroom experience. With video conferencing, learning & development professionals or educators can break classroom walls and get the world into their classrooms. Global learning collaboration is a significant trend in learning & development. If you’ve not deployed video conferencing software for your teaching commitments, then, you will be – There is an enhanced focus on global online learning & collaboration, with digital online video conferencing platforms to support learning objectives & promote intercultural awareness.
It has been stated that internet video traffic & worldwide IP video traffic is supposed to increase by 4 times by 2022.
How to begin your first class?
- Be familiar with the online video conferencing software viz. equipment, hardware, software, etc.
- The objective of good video conferencing is the least involvement of IT or technical personnel
- If users want to use the equipment optimally, then learning how to use the equipment is the best possible option
- Run a test session with participants from various locations to connect to your classroom to check for issues related to sound, lighting, video, etc.
- Compile a list of numbers for technical assistance if required, if required a training session can be conducted to train students on how to use the platform
- Prepare a summary of video conferencing manners for students viz. mute the microphone when required, not to place materials on the mic, never tap their pencils or pens on the table, dress appropriately, and other etiquettes that need to be followed
- Begin the classroom 15 minutes early to become comfortable with the video conferencing software
- Sending your material online before the virtual class begins can be helpful for students to get prepared
- If your students want to ask questions or provide information in the middle of the class, then you need to set rules to make the complete process easy, hassle-free, and productive
- Allow your remote students to present their views, discuss a topic, or express their thoughts. This gives them a chance to take a break from the presentation
A Fully-Online Course
If a teacher is interested in teaching a fully online course using online video conferencing software, then various possibilities can be considered viz.
- Enhanced communication between various students
- Optimized communication & collaboration between students and the instructor
- Conduct a virtual class wherein all the students stay online with the instructor
- Present a slide-deck for students to narrate or answer questions
- Record a virtual session for participants to review later
- Invite subject matter experts or a guest speaker for your online class
- Have students discuss a topic in small groups
- Connect multiple schools or classrooms with the instructor in a single space
- Have students lead a class by presenting an assignment.
How are teachers using online web conferencing software?
Here are some examples of how video conferencing software can be used.
Visit a historical monument – Field trips can be broadcasted through real-time live video or recorded videos. Images, recordings, views can be sent directly to students anywhere and any time
Play fun games – For example, kids can play fun games like Jackbox, Pictionary, Heads Up, Trivia, etc.
Provide virtual lessons for other students or schools – Teachers can deliver lessons for other schools or students through virtual lessons
Build common assessments – Create a group project and get them to partner with the findings. Evaluations can be made based on communication, collaboration, and acknowledged framework
Conduct a review session – Set up a virtual review session where students can log in to their video conferencing account and collaborate on assignments, projects, etc., and even brainstorm with ongoing tasks and activities.
When it comes to online videoconferencing software, the learning and development sector could benefit from lower capital costs, efficient time usage, and enhanced dialogue between teachers and students; all while breaking classroom walls and making learning go digital.
Visit us: – https://www.ifmeets.com/